Have had my 920XT now in just over nine months. Here are the results from me:
NOTE! I have an update on reviewn bottom.
* The bracelet is really nice. Have not had more beautiful bracelet on any other GPS watch or ordinary watch for that matter.
* You can download the exercise via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (for mobile phone). Not 100% smoothly with the latest, but it usually works fine.
Neither good nor bad. Only incomprehensible:
* Notifications. I really do not understand what this'll be good for a multisport watch. I want to read SMS, etc. I look at mobile. They should put more work on fixing bugs and optimizing battery life, etc. than trying to get it to a "SmartWatch".
* Garmin software is, unfortunately, generally the right buggy on this model, and update after update has not fixed it (have lost count now of many updates I've driven).
* The time is right plasticky and the bracelet becomes very dirty (the red and white).
* Battery life. I bought the watch for two reasons. One is that it would be easier to download over my training compared to my old clock, the second is that the battery life was a little better at 920XT. Last time I ran really well with the clock (ultra marathon) came first 'LOW BATTERY' warning after ~ 12 hours and 30 minutes. Other warning came after about 13 hours and 5 minutes. When I crossed the finish line 10 minutes later, it was the battery indicator at the bottom. Did not think I would get to the finish line. I had GPS updates are set to 'smart', Bluetooth was ON, but it was not paired with something and I had the 'intervals' set in 9 minutes (vibration + that the Lights screen for 8 seconds) so I knew when it was time to go a little to save the legs of the worst built up lactic acid.
* It is _not_ charge the watch in the field. Then it will turn what it is doing. Completely incomprehensible bad.
The time will also pass "up to 4 months" in time mode (ie GPS off), but I think this is a lie and cut. Already after a few hours, the battery level has dropped one level (Do not know just how the meter is. Has installed a Meter% now).
Unfortunately I can not recommend anyone to buy this. Regret me deeply that I have not bought a Suunto Ambit3 Peak instead.
Update 2016-06-24. Another 9 months have passed. Increases the grade! :)
I got a new watch. Possibly I had a Monday-ex. Battery life has been improved.
* It finds the satellites very quickly. Often when I lace up my shoes in the hall if I start it before I go out.
Irritates me a little that it is not going to charge 'in box "if needed. If you put the charger cord to close the workout / race pass by and you get to start up a new one. Some EPA think of a sport watch (triathlon).
Would clearly clock. Should I buy a new watch today, I would have bought this, Fenix 3, Ambit 3 or waited a few months Suunto Spartan Ultra in case the battery life on it would prove to be good.
Very quick to get GPS signal. Very good battery life. The app for iOS syncs however, in the background, which is a big minus.