Register and feature your shop
PriceSpy is one of Ireland’s biggest price and product comparison sites. We make it easy for consumers to find the right product, at the right price, and the right shop. We show prices from all online shops that we know of.
Register your shop for free
You can register your shop. It’s free and it only takes a few minutes.
As a registered shop you can:
- Log in to your own shop’s site in our tool ’PriceSpy Analytics’
- Answer customer reviews
- Edit your shop and company info
- Name what methods of payment your shop is using
Fill in our registration form to register your shop. There’s no start-up fee, and no on-going fee.
Once you have registered your shop, we will review and approve it. Once done, we will send you a link that you use to sign in to PriceSpy Analytics. We will also start indexing your products and prices, if we do not have them already (we recommend that your shop has a price file, which you can read more about below).
Improve your visibility – become a featured shop
Registered shops can also be featured. It will increase your visibility in our price lists, and gives you more traffic. It also gives you access to several smart functions to analyse your clicks and your competitors.
As a featured shop you can also:
- Show your logo in our price lists
- Name three competitive advantages in our price lists
- Let your customers click directly from our price lists to your shop
- Analyse your clicks in our ’PriceSpy Analytics’ tool
- View our market analysis at category level in our ’PriceSpy Analytics’ tool
- Analyse your range of products in relation to others in our ’PriceSpy Analytics’ tool
- Integrate our shop and product reviews in your shop
- Show a ’Cheapest on PriceSpy’ symbol in your shop when you are the cheapest
Featured shops pay only a fixed cost-per-click that leads from PriceSpy to the shop, and we only have a one-day notice period. Contact our sellers when you want to feature your shop, or find out more.
Faster updates – give us your price file
A price file helps to index the products and prices in your shop. It is placed on your servers and contains information about, for example, products, prices and stock status. We read the price file several times per day to keep the information on PriceSpy updated. If you use an e-commerce system, it’s very likely that it can create a price file automatically.
You register your price file while registering your shop. You can also register it afterwards by emailing our support. If you email us, you only send the link to the file, not the entire file. If you rename the price file, move it to another location, or make other changes that may affect our reading, please email us again.
If you haven’t got a price file, we will have to scan your shop using our agents. This has disadvantages for us, our users, and for you. The changes you make in your shop won’t be shown on the PriceSpy site as quickly, and scanning your shop may put a higher load on your servers.
Price file requirements:
- The price file should should have a static URL that doesn't change.
- The file does not have to be static, but can consist of a script that dynamically retrieves the information directly from the shop's database. If the file is static, make sure it’s updated frequently so that we always display the correct information on PriceSpy.
- The price file can be a regular text file. We prefer text files to complex XML standards, but we fully support Google Shopping’s XML file. However, we do not support Excel files (xlxs, xls) or the like.
- The fields in the price file should be separated by tabs, semicolons, or other appropriate characters not used in product names or other fields. Specify what each field contains in the first row of the file.
- Different versions of the product, such as sizes or colours, should be listed as a new product with a unique name and article number. We group them in our system if appropriate.
- The price file must contain your entire shop range.
These fields should be included in the price file
Product ID, or the shop’s article number (required):
Must be unique to each product. Never change, and never reuse for other products. Max 36 characters.
Must be the the full category, in tree structure, with as deep a category level as possible. The categories should be based on product type, and not brand, trademark or themes with mixed product content (eg, sales categories). Only one category can be specified per product. If the product is in several categories, the primary category should be specified.
Brand / Manufacturer (required):
The product's brand should, if possible, be available in a separate field. If this is not possible, it should be listed first in the product name field. Products that are missing a brand, or have an incorrectly defined brand are not indexed.
Product name (required):
The naming of the product, with model name and / or model number that makes it possible to identify the product is required. If a separate brand / manufacturer field is missing, the brand or manufacturer must be added first in the product name field (a separate brand / manufacturer field is strongly recommended). For products with different versions, the unique attributes of the current version should appear in the product name, such as colour, material, and model year. For products sold in different pack sizes (such as perfume, shampoo and food), the volume or weight should be stated in the product name. If it is a multiple pack, or bundle of multiple products, this should also be stated in the product name.
URL to the shop’s product page. If the product page doesn't contain its own URL, you can use the URL for the category page. If the shop uses UTM tracking, the tracking code should be added to a separate field in the price file. If the shop uses parameters in the URL to differentiate between product variants (eg. colour and size), the URL field in the price file should contain the whole URL, including the parameters.
Price of product, exclusive of shipping. Can be entered with or without VAT. If stated without VAT, it should be specified in the field’s header. The prices must be quoted in the official currency of the market where the shop will be listed. The price should be specified for the same sales unit as specified in the product name (for example, speakers sold in pairs must have price information per pair).
Condition / Product Format (required):
Specifies the condition in which the product is sold or in what format. If all products in the shop are sold in new condition, and are physical products, the field can be omitted completely.
- "New" indicates that the product is sold in new order, in unbroken packaging.
- "Demo" indicates that the product has been used as a preview copy.
- "Used" indicates that the product is opened and used or restored (refurbished).
- "Download" indicates that the product, such as a computer game, is delivered in digital format via download, and not on physical medium.
MPN / manufacturer SKU (strongly recommended):
Manufacturer's unique article number for the product., which allows us to index the shop's products much faster and more accurately.
EAN-13 / GTIN-13 (strongly recommended):
The unique 13-digit barcode number for the product. Allows us to index the shop's products much faster and more accurately.
Image links (strongly recommended):
One or more links to the product image. If there are multiple images, the link to the primary image is displayed first. The images should be without watermarks and other types of shop or manufacturer marks. The pictures should preferably be high resolution and have a white background. The images should correspond to the product variant, specified in the product name and in other fields, for example colour and packaging size.
Shipping (strongly recommended):
Shipping price of the product. The total price of the product including shipping may also be stated. Specify in the field header if it's the shipping price or the total price, and if it's with or without VAT.
Product description (recommended):
A more detailed description of the product than is included in the product name field.
Multi-pack or bundle (recommended):
Specified if it is about the shop's own multi-pack or bundle, not if it is a multi-pack or bundle, that comes directly from the manufacturer. If there is no separate field for this, and the shop sells multi-packs or bundles, it should be clearly stated in the product name.
Stock status (highly recommended):
Indicates the stock status of the product in the shop. Availability must be clearly stated so that we can also show it on PriceSpy. If the stock status is incorrectly stated, we reserve the right to hide the display of the shop’s inventory status.
- "In stock" indicates that the product is delivered to the customer within six business days.
- "Out of stock" indicates that the product is out of stock in the shop.
- "Incoming [date]" indicates that the product is not in stock, but is expected to be in stock in the shop at a known date.
- "Pre-order [date]" indicates that the product has not yet been released, but has a known launch date.
It is not mandatory to indicate stock status, but if the shop shows products that can’t be ordered at the moment, or can’t be sent to the customer, you must specify availability. "Can not be ordered" indicates that the product has a specified price in the shop, but it can’t be bought at the moment. "Pickup" indicates that the product is only available for physical collection, and can’t be ordered for home delivery.
Colour or pattern (strongly recommended):
The colour or pattern of the product in question, if applicable to the product type. As far as possible, use the manufacturer's name (for example, "summit white" or "space gray").
Gender and audience (recommended):
The gender or target group that the manufacturer considers fits the product if it is applicable to the product type. It may be, for example, womens, mens, unisex, girl, boy or child. If the shop does not have a separate field for this, and it is important for the product type, it should be clearly stated in the product name.
Size (strongly recommended):
The size of the current product if applicable to the product type. Must be specified including size (for example, EU45 / US11 / UK12 for shoes), if there are several different size types.
Here’s how we index
We index all products that fit our active categories on PriceSpy. To index a product, we need to know the name of the manufacturer and the brand name. We usually do not index any "no name" products.
We update PriceSpy several times a day to capture price adjustments and stock status at shops. When a shop adds new products in their assortment, which are not added to PriceSpy already, they must be indexed manually by us.
If a shop makes many changes in a short period of time, it is possible to get ahead of the indexing queue to update the PriceSpy information faster. The shop can control this in our PriceSpy Analytics service.
If a shop makes really big changes in the price file, the changes are placed in our quarantine for manual review. This reduces the risk of errors. If you know in advance that the price file will change significantly at some point, for example during a sales period, please email us to avoid the quarantine.
If your products or prices are missing on PriceSpy, or if we display incorrect information, please notify us through our feedback feature. Feel free to go to the respective product or category page if it only concerns a few products or prices. If it concerns a larger amount of products or prices, please contact us via email.