Worked so darn good in the beginning.
Now after a few years, it unfortunately is constantly trouble.
When to start a clip so successful 1 out of 5 times to connect.
The rest have to go into the Chromecast app. Click on the "stop casting" and then try to connect again.
Shit sad on a product that was so good and affordable for a start.
And yes, I have tried to Reseta it.
Have had Chromecast in about four months. Run (ran) Viaplay and YouTube to it.
We have now stopped using it when we experienced problems with Viaplay and resolution. The problem is not with my broadband to do when I have 100Mbit and resolution works fine on my AppleTV and Playstation.
Too bad as it worked fine in the beginning and I like technology. :(
Simple, user-friendly gadget which almost always works perfectly for streaming Viaplay, Netflix, etc. to the TV. For functionality Casting a tab in Chrome, and local media on the example computer is some improvement
Have had it for about two years. Being able to cast from both mobile, tablet and PC are smooth. But it works poorly. Often castningen fail completely.
The limited audio outputs are also a minus. This would have required a digital audio output in addition to the HDMI jack.
Pimp My Life
I wanted to watch a movie, do not play network King
Do not start shit and get it as troubleshooting advice:
"Client Isolation: Chromecast can not communicate with the router or client isolation enabled. Client Isolation should be disabled on the Wi-Fi router.
Virtual Private Networks or Proxy Servers: Chromecast can not communicate with your router or computer if any Virtual Private Networks or Proxy servers are turned on. Unplug or disable all virtual private network (VPN) or proxy servers on both the router and the PC.
UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) or Multicast: Your router can not find your Chromecast to your Wi-Fi network if UPnP or Multicast disabled. Enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), also known as multicast, on the router.
IGMP (Internet Group Management Protocol): Chromecast can not communicate with the router if IGMP is disabled on the router or IGMP proxy is enabled on the router. ENABLE IGMP router. TURN OFF IGMP proxy on the router. "
I do nothing and throw shit in the garbage now that I have stomped down the shit out of frustration after several hours of troubleshooting on all sorts of forums, including Google's own
It should be a warning on the box:
"This product is only suitable for geeks!"
I see that I have received many minus for my review
Great that you dislike that I take up a problem!
Idiots ....: /