I begin this that I almost begin all my reviews - with the right förväningar you become absolutely not disappointed!
Due to various circumstances, it is no longer to have a full 5.1 system in our living room. So I looked around among the Soundbar to find one that could IALL case give it a match. After some search, I ended up on this, and despite the price ordered it via Hembiobutiken then it would be "the best sound bar for film - ever".
- As soon as I got it, I got a problem - the box is long. So long that the seats do fold down in the car for transportation. Even then realized that perhaps took in!
- The engagement was surprisingly easy! HDMI to the TV, coaxial to the subwoofer (for lixom all soundbar calls this a sub "on the side") and bang, everything just plays!
- In with Gravity in Bluray player and ... well, not impressed.
- Yup, forgot to run the calibration! The package includes a mic and as silly as efficient paper-holder for it to come up at head height. In it, run the calibration.
- In with Gravity in Bluray player and ... Nah, not really there.
- What is this button, "3D surround" ... let's do that!
- In with Gravity in Bluray player and ... SÅDÄRJA!
That was over a month ago now. Since then it tittats on the Christmas calendar, numerous movies, music from Spotify and tested with various connection options. And I'm actually happy with the purchase! I would like to say "impressed" but for a piece that costs more than a full 5.1 set with amplifier so it is difficult to use that word because it's there you compare! It is impressive how much it may sound and surround effect it gives, absolutely, no doubt about it. But it is not a game against a real 5.1 system. But you will not have the ridiculous amount of wiring and installation with only this play!
My only complaint, and something I can only hope they solve with a firmware update
- HDMI changer does not work optimally! Sometimes losing the sound when switching to another HDMI device, and you can turn on / off on it.
- Sometimes, when you change the channel on the cable box (Viasat), the picture only pink and no sound at all. Even then it's off / put on it goes up again. Feels like it's HDMI copyright protection that switches on at eg TV4.
- It sends signal to my PC that the resolution is not optimal, but it is the resolution that your TV has, but not optimal for Yamahan want bigger, but it can not handle the TV?
- It automatically turns not on / Surround when it detects the DTS signal. Turns to a movie with DTS so run it in stereo even if the decoder in Yamahan is clear that there is a DTS 5.1 signal. And it is also irritant that when you go back to conventional stereo sources such as music or television, it is still in the surround mode. Just hope I missed a setting which automatically handles it for it is not always one is completely with the change it!
These things are irritant, and the ridiculous is to just HDMI switch function is such a cheap thing that it should not be a problem when buying something in this price range!
The advantage is that that can be solved with the firmware update which I hope they do (and those of you who think "but connect all HDMI to the TV when the" yes it only has 3 HDMI, if a is used to send audio to Yamahan there are only two left - not really ok)
But this is of course primarily a speaker and sonically it is absolutely phenomenal! And really nice remote oxå, plus for it! I had only gone to the sound had easily gained 9. But the judgment where the bugs with HDMI switching, drag it down to 8.
Has evaluated this in just 5-6 months, you can start by saying that this is a sound bar itself, I sit on a really good system too so I know what a real configuration allows.
To begin with, so it is really groovy, wide, high and moderately deep, well-built with black lacquered fine mesh grille with a little black metal. Discreet buttons and a hidden display that shows information behind the grille. It goes into sleep mode if you want so it is completely without headed mm during movie viewing.
with its 40+ speakers that sound bounces around the room, you get a really impressive sound, this is the so-called real surround and not emulated. The front presence channels do a really convincing and good job. In some movies I become convinced that eg rain sounds coming from above. Playing really great to get a wireless transmitter into the subwoofer so detailed easier to place it. I drive a Yamaha SW300 Subb to this and they work together really well. Good pressure and I recommend a sub to this.
Fresh, well built and looks great mounted on the wall, it fits really well with a 75 "
Playing wide and surround sound is faint convincing ++ for upper front (Atmos)
Wireless transmitter to subbwoofer included
Musicast and connect Spotify
HDMI 2.0 with 4k 60MHz
Atmos and dts X
Audio Return Channel that TV sound goes back via HDMI = less cables
Too bad they did not choose a finer and better control (the RX-à 3050 for example)
No wall bracket included, costs 900 SEK to
Pricey 17000 + subbwoofer + wall mount and it is up to 21000 bit dank but the only reasonably priced
Ugly solution on display behind the speaker grille but does its job the few seconds you need it
For those who appreciate an all in one solution and want to get the best possible sound. I have 2 pieces and looking to put one in the bedroom too. Highly recommended!
Works great as it is supposed, to film. Music is not delivered as a good hifi stereo setup but quite ok. If you have higher requirements should listen before purchase.
This is probably the best sound loaf, but it still costs more than it tastes.
Bought a package of Subb and it does a good job together with the loaf.
With good 5.1 encoded material or Atmos lets really nice together with associated sub Port. The more sensitive the material compared to a typical full-scale Biobags.
Grow significantly with good material.
Had loaf in just over two weeks now and am really happy.
Went from 5.1 systems and specific, surround sound will not be as effective with the loaf but still impressive. Have only half the wall of the right side that are otherwise open to the hall but even so they are heard clearly that the sound comes from the side.
Bought the kit with subwoofer NS-SW300 and work at good, even supplemented with 2 basshakers mounted under the sofa, something I really recommend. Causes the base feels physically and that one need not draw so loudly to get the effect. Ideal when I live in an apartment. And only costs a few hundred dollars for 2 pcs incl amplifiers, money well spent!
The most impressive is the Atmos surround sound, brought home demos of Dolby's website and watched some movies with Atmos soundtrack. Man sitting with a smile! But even "normal" surround sound really good and effective, sound voices and gunshots sounds crystal clear, clear and natural.
Play movies on a HTPC and feared Atmosljudet would be problems to get to but they worked immediately.
Read about others who improved side noise even further by manually adjusting beam rays in the setup. Nothing I have taken the time yet.
The only negative I have to say if the loaf is that the firmware has been some bugs / teething. Blah, it goes automatically to the wireless subwoofer while driving calibration microphone, I have attached the cord when the sub sits by the loaf. Do not know how much they affect the calibration, but I thought connect the sub with the wireless box and see if makes a difference. This bug also means that if you choose a setting memory the direct buttons on the remote control is switched from the sub and one must enter and turn it back on in the settings. Another bug I ran into was that they could not connect with bluetooth to loaf but they were fixed when I installed the latest firmware version.
A little strange thing is that Yamaha does not put more effort into fixing a better menu system looks like something from the 80's and is not very user friendly, perhaps. Blah, you have to click again on the Setup button to see certain settings, such as updating fimware. This despite the fact that they are a lot of place for a flatter menu structure on the TV screen.
In sum, I agree with the professional reviews that YSP-5600 is the absolute best sound loaf right now with a convincing surround sound!
... and incredibly comfortable with just one speaker and the cable clutter so on.
It works great. But the kunnde have been cheaper because it lacks litte!