The sound is very good. Especially for film. The only negative is that it could have been a little more volume of the rear speakers when putting on the surround mode. Or it works very well. Also handy with the detachable speakers can be used as individual bluetooth speakers.
Did this campaign of Elgiganten for 3500 SEK.
+ Good for TV audio
+ Good that you can move the two side speakers (good range)
+ Good with ports and settings (easy)
+ Easy to mount on wall
+ Wireless sub
-Could Have been better sound for music
-Could Been fancier
Lacks loudness equalizer (which has SB26)
-something Expensive (April 2016)
Should we invest in speakers for music should spend the money on a pair of B & W 685 S2 with separate amplifier (though this will be a substantial amount of money). However, this works very well with regular TV use and is a good "step-up" from standard TV speakers.
Love this product. Long time I was completely sold on the Harman / Kardon SB26 and had in principle decided to strike at such a sound loaf until I read about the Fidelio B5. I was so curious and just had to listen to it. When I got the chance to test it in the store, it was obvious sound good, but not amazing. The magic happens when you disconnect the speakers from the sound bar. Suddenly changing the sound altogether and become very rich, warm and full-bodied, yet with a lovely purity. I realized then that Fidelio B5 was an obvious purchase and SB26 got the rest left on the shelf in the store.
The sound itself is really good especially considering that it's wireless. If you run with the settings regarding the base at 0 and treble at 0, I feel that the sound lacks fullness and the base becomes too flat and boring. Therefore, I prefer to raise the base to 4 and keep the tweeter at 0. In the state so shocked every time I listen to it. All that has been in my home becomes really impressed by the sound can sound so amazingly good.
It is worth thinking about is that if you are watching a movie and choose to run it in surround mode. That is, to remove the speakers from the sound loaf. Then you will not forget to press the "Movie" button on the remote control. The sound is completely different then than if you have it set to 'Music'. The same is true when listening to music. Then you should not have it set to Movie, but then you should press the Music button. It really gets much better then.
According to me, this is undoubtedly the best sound loaf available on the market. The sound is really cruel and its surround function is genius. It is so simple and intuitive that you marvel why do not more people take for and copying it outright.
Fidelio B5 is trivial clearly worth 10 stars out of a possible 10. Especially considering the cruel price of 5490 SEK. My tip: Do not hesitate .... BUY NOW!
This loaf has been on the 3rd / 4th place on've iår but have not received a single review, which I find odd. Youtube / network it has, however, received very good reviews both in sound and function and design. I bought it home and compared the sound o function with a pair of Harman Kardon multiroom speaker Omni - 20 stereo and two laptops best-in-test bluetooth speaker (Big Jambox and Sony x33).
===== The positive =====
- Stunning surround feel. It feels like you are at the movies.
- Smoothly connecting stuff. Just to put the subwoofer and the loaf in the power connector and connect the TV to the loaf with an HDMI cable. As easy to relax loaf / småhögtalarna to Bluetooth. Although optical o aux inputs are available.
- With the remote, you can adjust the bass / treble and there is mode for movie / music / voice that I think works well.
- Perfect sync with the TV (also Philips).
===== The negative =====
- Compared to good speakers (Omni 20) that are made primarily for listening to music as sound bar not as good. The midrange gets a bit muddy and the bass feels a little difficult to control. Thanks to its size allows it anyway a little better than the smaller portable bluetooth speakers (Big Jambox and Sony x33)
- The small speakers is indeed great to have as a portable Bluetooth speakers in the home and outside the home, but they have the following limitations:
- The cloth would probably wear quickly if you put them in your backpack unprotected or if the children carried around them. And they could not withstand water and sand.
- They can only be charged by the main unit at home and can be played in about 5 hours only.
- The sound is mediocre with very little bass.
Conclusion ===== =====
Fidelio B15 is a great compromise if you do not want to buy several different speakers for more double the cost of the loaf but still get to experience "everything".
- Good 5.1 surround sound (8 out of 10 stars which 10 would be 5 pcs. Good separate speakers with optimized distance of where you sit)
- Listen to music (6 out of 10 stars that are better than what I would give the best portable bluetooth speakers. 10a would give really good hi-fi sound for 20.000kr speakers + expensive DAC + amplifier)
- Stream music to other devices and get the same / different sounds in different rooms (Bluetooth, wifi through the TV (DLNA), cord). (8 of 10 where 10 is would be a better future version of the Sonos / Harman Kardon / Blue Sound multiroom system)
- Small portable bluetooth speaker for the children's room / balcony / garden (6 of 10 where Sony X33 gets full marks for its sound for its size. Big Jaw would have a 9a).
If you have not already good speakers or good soundbar home, one can suddenly fill several rooms of the house with ok sound and smooth wireless / wired connection for all possible audio sources. After much testing and thinking we bought this solution while waiting for the next generation of multi-room audio system that should come 2016-2017. Even then we will probably maintain this bar to view the films, which is the function that is primarily made sooner.