About the site and company
- About PriceSpy.ie
- Contact us / Support
- Press room
- Rules and guidelines
- Expert reviews listed on PriceSpy
For brand managers
- Get listed on PriceSpy
- Become a Featured Shop!
- What is a price file?
- Think about this before contacting us / Technical info
What to do at PriceSpy?
Why list my shop on PriceSpy?
PriceSpy is a price- and comparison service providing powerful search and filtering tools, comprehensive product information as well as valuable shop and product ratings. More information on PriceSpy.
No, you don't. Our aim is to provide a complete, independent and impartial service covering all online shops who sell products within the categories we list. In other words, you don't need a large advertising budget to use PriceSpy in your marketing. However, we can offer several different cost-effective ways for you to make extra impact. More info on this .
Which shops may get listed on PriceSpy?
- We've got some requirements that need to be fulfilled. All listed shops have to:
- sell at least one product within our categories.
- have a website in English.
- provide support in English.
- show prices in EUR.
- be able to receive orders via its website or email.
- inform us about its VAT registration number (if applicable).
- state company and VAT number on its site in accordance with these regulations.
- inform us about its company number or id.
- comply with all laws and regulations related to its business.
If the company running a shop is an Irish legal entity, it will be listed with an Irish flag next to its name.
The only thing PriceSpy need is an up-to-date product feed with all your products and prices. Preferably, this feed is a text file stored on your server which we automatically retrieve several times a day to keep our systems updated.
Many of the companies offering e-commerce solutions provide product feeds for PriceSpy. To learn more, have a look at our page about e-commerce providers.
If it is not possible to provide us with a product feed, we can probably retrieve the prices anyway.
Our goal is to list as many prices as possible from the shop.
What is a product feed?
Most business software can export a product feed with prices in a text file.
Preferably it is in the form of a a script which dynamically retrieves information directly from your database. If the file is static, you must keep it updated, otherwise chances are the price in your shop is different from the price on PriceSpy.
Feel free to contact us if you are unsure of any of this, and we will help you out.
If you're already listed on any other price comparison site using a product feed for that purpose, we can probably use the same feed.
The product feed can be a plain tab separated text file. We do not require any complex XML standards to be followed - actually we prefer clean simple text files. Furthermore, we want the product feed to contain the entire catalog.
The information required for each product in the product feed is:
- Product name (your own description)
- Your product ID (or other unique ID)
- Price (inclusive or exclusive of VAT, but tell us which)
We would be happy if you also included the following, if possible:
- URL to your product page
- Shipping cost or price including shipping
- Stock Status (preferably numbered)
- Manufacturer's SKU
- Bar code number
- URL to a large product image (without watermark)
An example of a (semicolon separated) product feed can be found here. You can use this as a template if you wish, but you don't have to use the same order or names of the columns as in this feed. Contact us if you have questions.
For users of osCommerce, we have a script already made, which can be downloaded here. Unpack and install the script in the root of the osCommerce's directory on your webserver, and then contact us.
List your shop on PriceSpy